Thursday, August 10, 2017

Probe into the delay of Air India flight in which Kunhalikutty and Wahab travelled

Malappuram: Kunhalikkutty and Wahab had failed to cast their votes in the vice-president election held on the day as the flight delayed for more than four hours. The probe was ordered based on the complaint filed by the MPs to the minister. The minister has also sought detailed report regarding the incident from Air India authorities.
Kunhalikkutty and Wahab started their journey from Kozhikode at 7.30am by AI 0582 flight arriving Mumbai at 9.10am and they boarded Delhi bound AI 809 flight at10am. According the complaint filed by Kunhalikkutty, after they boarding the flight, both were informed by Air India officials that the flight is delayed due to technical reason and it will depart Mumbai only at 11.30am. "We informed AI officials that we have to reach Delhi to caste vote for VP election, without fail, and if there is any further delay or uncertainty in the departure, please put us on some other flights", says the complaint.
In the complaint Kunhalikkuty says that the incident happened on board of AI 809 flight was a horror. "The first information regarding the delay we got from Air India was that it would take off from Mumbai at 11.49am. We waited patiently for an hour on board with a hope that we would reach New Delhi hours before closing the scheduled time for voting. The doors of the flight were closed by 11.30am. But things were changed drastically and crew members informed us that it would take 30 more minutes to solve technical problems. It was 12 noon then when they informed us about the further delay of flight. Sensing that we will not be able to reach Delhi on time, we informed pilot that we have to reach Delhi for voting and requested him to allow us to de-board the flight so that alternate arrangement can be made for our journey. But he neither allowed us to de-board nor talked to us. He only conveyed through the crew that the flight would land at Delhi around 5.30pm. Despite repeated requests , the pilot kept us inside the aircraft and the flight took off at 14.45pm and reached Delihi at 16.35 pm. On arrival the door was not opened for 10 minutes due to technical issues and we came out at 14.50pm", says MP in his complaint.
10/08/17 Times of India