Saturday, November 25, 2006

IA to set up aircraft repair JV with Snecma

New Delhi: Indian Airlines on Friday inked an agreement to set up a $30 million aircraft engine maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) JV with Snecma.
Snecma will hold the majority 51% stake in the joint venture, which will be based in Delhi, while Indian Airlines and Air India will together hold the remaining 49% stake.
"The venture will set up an MRO facility for repairing and overhauling CFM engines, which will be powering all the 43 aircraft that Indian Airlines in buying from Airbus.
In addition, this venture will also undertake the repair work of CFM engines that will power Air India planes," Indian Airlines chairman and MD Vishwapati Trivedi said.
The venture is expected to be in place within the next two years and will initially use IA's existing jetshop in Delhi.
25/11/06 Times of India
To Read the News in full at Source, Click the Headline


Post a Comment