Friday, November 24, 2017

Kiran trainer aircraft of Indian Air Force crashes near Hyderabad, women cadet escapes unhurt

Hyderabad: A woman cadet escaped with minor injuries as Indian Air Force trainer aircraft crashed in the fields near Kondapaka in Siddipet district of Telangana. The cadet, Rashi R, ejected safely with the help of parachute, officials said. She has been rushed to a nearby corporate hospital. The copter broke into pieces and fell all over the farm land.

The crash happened about 90 km from Hyderabad. Kiran, the aircraft took off from the Hakimpet airbase in the afternoon. Soon, it crashed in the fields. An alert woman cadet ejected safely but with minor injuries.

"The preliminary information reaching us says the copter with a woman cadet took off from Hakimpet airbase for routine training and crashed within minutes. The woman cadet is safe and is undergoing treatment", a Defence spokesperson in Hyderabad told Mirror.

A defence release said, "Today afternoon about 1400 hrs one IAF Kiran Aircraft on a routine training mission crashed around 50 km from Air Force Station, Hakimpet, Hyderabad. The trainee pilot ejected safely. A Court of Inquiry (CoI) has been ordered to investigate the cause."

This is the second crash in the last two months. A Kiran aircraft with a trainee Flight Cadet onboard crashed into the fields in Ankireddypally village on September 28. The copter was completely charred, but the pilot ejected safely.

On October 30, a door of a helicopter of the Telangana Aviation Academy detached and fell on a house at Lalaguda. None was hurt as the door was of very light weight.

According to sources, Rashi Raina is in the first stage training to be fighter pilot. Undergoing training along with her are Shivangi Singh and Pratibha. These are said to be among the hundreds who drew inspiration from the India's first set of three women fighter pilots - Avani Chaturvedi, Bhawana Kanth and Mohana Singh - who were commissioned as Flying Officers in the Indian Air Force in July 2016.
Rashi suffered fracture in her leg. "She was initially treated at Siddipet hospital. But, later the Defnece officials have taken her to Hyderabad in a helicopter. She is fine," said Siddipet assistant commissioner of police G Narasimha Reddy.
24/11/17 P Pavan/Mumbai Mirror