Tuesday, October 30, 2018

2 domestic airlines may be shifted to T2 soon

Ahmedabad: The operations of two domestic airlines from the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International (SVPI), Airport in Ahmedabad, may soon be shifted from the domestic terminal (Terminal-1) to the international terminal (Terminal-2). During a meeting of the Airport Advisory Committee (AAC) held on Monday, one of the key issues discussed was regarding decongestion of the domestic terminal. The meeting was chaired by Member of Parliament from Ahmedabad East, Paresh Rawal.
Sharing more details, Manoj Gangal, director, SVPI Airport, said, “An important issue that was discussed during the meeting was regarding shifting operations of the two domestic airlines from the international terminal to the domestic terminal. The idea is to decongest the domestic terminal and make optimum use of available resources.”
State-owned airline, Air India, is already continuing domestic operations from the international terminal at the SVPI airport. According to data by Airports Authority of India (AAI), some 35,000 passengers are move in and out of the SVPI airport every day. Of these, some 80% passengers travel from the domestic terminal while the remaining 20% fly in and out from the international terminal.
30/10/18 Niyati Parikh/Times of India
To Read the News in full at Source, Click the Headline


Post a Comment