Sunday, December 30, 2018

Delhi airport: Muffin with dead lizard leaves passenger hospitalized

In an incident that reeks of negligence, a passenger waiting for a flight at the Delhi airport had to be rushed to a hospital after he suffered food poisoning from a muffin that allegedly contained a dead lizard.

The incident took place on December 18 when the passenger consumed the affected muffin at Delhi airport's premium lounge.
According to officials, a medical emergency was reported at the Premium Plaza Lounge near boarding Gate 33 in Terminal 2 at around 7pm on December 18.

When doctors and medical staff reached the spot, they found the passenger, a Bengaluru resident, vomiting.

After administering first aid, the passenger was rushed to the Safdarjung Hospital for further treatment.
Thankfully, the passenger suffered no lasting damage, and was discharged soon.

Following his discharge, he submitted a written complaint to the airport authorities alleging that he had found a dead lizard inside muffins he had ordered at the lounge.

The passenger further alleged that when he complained about the incident to the terminal manager, the manager had tried to destroy the evidence.
Police, for their part, have collected a sample of the muffin and has sent it to the forensics lab for further investigation.
30/12/18 Shiladitya Ray/NewsBytes
To Read the News in full at Source, Click the Headline


Post a Comment