Wednesday, February 03, 2021

One arrested in connection with Indigo airport manager's murder case

Patna: One person was arrested on Wednesday in connection with Indigo station manager Rupesh Kumar Singh's murder case.

A resident of Patna's Punaichak area, Rupesh Singh (42) was shot dead by unidentified bike-borne gunmen outside his home on January 12.

On January 12, 42-year-old Rupesh Kumar, who was employed as an airport manager with the airline IndiGo in Patna, was shot dead by unidentified gunmen.

The gunmen had fired six rounds at Rupesh Kumar right outside his colony's gate and fled the scene.

Grievously injured, Rupesh Kumar laid motionless in his SUV and was taken to a nearby hospital by the police. He was declared brought dead.

Earlier, Bihar Director General of Police SK Singhal SK Singhal had said that Rupesh Kumar Singh's murder was carried out by contract killers.

Stating that the crime is "purely" a case of contract killing, DGP Singhal said, "This matter is very sensitive and complicated. The case is very difficult and the police are probing several angles."

A Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing the murder of Indigo station manager Rupesh Kumar Singh, had earlier questioned several senior officials from minor irrigation department, water resources department and public health and engineering department of the Bihar government on Monday.

The special investigation team seized a few documents from the minor irrigation department, water resources department and public health engineering department during their investigation.

Police questioned more than three dozen people -- including female staff of Indigo airlines working at the Patna airport -- in connection with the case.

RJD chief and Opposition leader Tejashwi Yadav slammed the Nitish Kumar government in Bihar over the incident and said that the government in Bihar is now in the "hands of criminals".

03/02/21 Sujit Kumar Jha/India Today

To Read the News in full at Source, Click the Headline


Post a Comment