Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Treat Air India as competition, will continue as different organisations till told otherwise: Vistara CEO

New Delhi: “We still treat Air India as competition. Vistara is a better choice. We are completely different organisations and that will continue until we are told otherwise.” Vistara CEO Vinod Kannan told TOI in his first interaction on Tuesday after Tata Group taking over low cost Air India Express and full service AI last month. Tatas hold 51% stake in full service Vistara, and Singapore Airlines (SIA) the remaining 49%.

SIA is not yet on board for a merger with the three other Tata Group airlines — AI, AI Express and AirAsia India Pvt Ltd (AAIPL). “There are benefits in bringing them together and synergising. It gives you scale. At the same time, it is a question of discussion between the shareholders. There are definitely going to be potential benefits of a merger. Whether it will happen, when it will happen, I do not know. I am not involved in that discussion,” Kannan said.

The focus of this full service airline, only one apart from AI, remain to build the Vistara brand further “regardless” of something that may happen in the future. “Our two shareholders are still supportive of Vistara and its stance. Yes, there might be discussions at a future date which is speculative and I am not involved in. When something like that materialises, the market will be informed,” Kannan said.

23/02/22 Saurabh Sinha/Times of India

To Read the News in full at Source, Click the Headline


Post a Comment