Saturday, July 15, 2006

Man cleared in Air India bombing to give written statement to inquiry

Ottawa: One of the men cleared in the Air India bombing, Ripudaman Singh Malik, will submit a written statement to the federal inquiry.
Hearings into who should have legal standing and funding at the inquiry begin Tuesday.
Malik said recently he would show up if asked. But a source close to the proceedings now says he will simply submit a written statement.
He could still be subpoenaed to testify as the inquiry progresses.
Malik was acquitted last year of all charges related to the bombing, along with Ajaib Singh Bagri, after a long, emotionally charged trial. A judge said the Crown's case against the men, accused of having a hand in the 1985 bombing, was too weak.
14/07/06 CP/Canada.com

0 Comments: