Friday, August 12, 2016

Two passengers taken off plane in Lucknow for kidnap, murder

Lucknow : Two men working as bouncers in Mumbai were arrested by the STF from a Mumbai-bound flight at the Amausi airport here on Wednesday evening for their alleged involvement in the kidnapping of a UP Jal Nigam official, Abdul Saleem Fareedi, and the murders of two of their gang members, Sandeep Singh and his girlfriend Neetu.
The accused have been identified as Mohammad Imran of Allahabad and Jitesh Ashok Korve of Mumbai — both are in their thirties.
Narrating the sequence of events, Additional SP, Trans Gomti (Lucknow), Jai Prakash, said for the last four years, Imran was working as a bouncer with a security agency in Mumbai, where he met Jitesh, another bouncer.
About six months ago, he was introduced to Sandeep by the latter’s girlfriend, Neetu, who he had met in a bus while travelling to Allahabad. Since then, he had visited the couple at their Lucknow house, and the couple had visited him in Mumbai several times, said Jai Prakash.
According to the police, Imran revealed that he had kidnapped rich people for ransom in the past too. And that is what they planned to do with Fareedi, who was Neetu’s acquaintance.
The four drove down to Lucknow in Sandeep’s vehicle on August 7. The next day, they called up Fareedi, using Sandeep’s cellphone, and invited him to dinner. When Fareedi went to meet them, he was abducted from outside a mall in Hazratganj, and taken to Allahabad.
The ransom demand was initially set at Rs 2 crore, as the kidnappers thought Fareedi was a Jal Nigam section engineer. When Fareedi told them that he was a section officer and could not pay such a huge amount, they brought it down to Rs 10 lakh, said the police.
On August 9 morning, the kidnappers called up Fareedi’s son, Azeem, gave him Sandeep’s bank account number and told him to deposit Rs 10 lakh, according to the police. Fareedi was released after the money was deposited, and he called up his family at around 9.30 pm on Tuesday.
But before releasing Fareedi, Imran allegedly shot Neetu, 32. He told the police that Sandeep wanted to get rid of her. After dropping off Fareedi, Imran and Jitesh reportedly overpowered Sandeep, 38, hit him with an iron rod and a brick, and killed him.
Meanwhile, the police were trying to trace the men, as Fareedi had informed them of Neetu’s murder. The police were told that the bodies of a man and a woman were lying on the highway in Utraon area of Allahabad. Their photographs were shown to Fareedi, who confirmed that the victims were Sandeep and Neetu.
Tracking Sandeep’s debit card, the police found that it had been used several times to withdraw over Rs 75,000. It had last been used to pay Rs 6,200 at a massage centre at the Lucknow airport on Wednesday, said SSP STF Amit Pathak. The STF then rushed to the airport, where they talked to the airport director and stopped the Mumbai-bound flight, minutes before take-off.
Lucknow SSP Manzil Saini said Imran’s associates, Asif, Amzad and Jameel, have also been arrested for their alleged involvement.
12/08/16  Manish Sahu/Indian Express
To Read the News in full at Source, Click the Headline


Post a Comment